Release 3.2 available
The 3.2 release is now available. It brings a lot of new features:
- Plenty of people had issues installing and configuring the PostgreSQL database for frePPLe. The new frePPLe version now includes the PostgreSQL database, and can (optionally) install and configure it for you.
- A new forecast editor screen is now available to speed up the review and editing of forecasts at different levels in the item, location, customer and time dimensions. (Enterprise Edition)
- The distribution planning screenhas been improved to perform more powerful incremental planning and simulations. (Enterprise Edition)
- The forecasting algorithms now support middle-out forecasting, in addition to the bottom-up forecasting we used so far. Depending on the business the calculation of the statistical forecast at higher levels in the item or location hierarchy will give a more accurate forecasted demand. (Enterprise Edition)
- The planning algorithm has a new feature to generate purchase orders based on global needs instead of local needs. We can suppress a new purchase in a certain location if there is excess inventory of the product at another location.
- Capability to import data files in CSV format from a folder, and publish the plan in CSV files.
- The Odoo connector has been enhanced:
- Updated to match the frePPLe data model changes from the previous frePPLe 3.0 release.
- It is now possible to export individual purchase orders, manufacturing orders and distribution orders from frePPLe to Odoo.
- The interface Odoo->frePPLe also supports multiple interface modes to distinguish between large, infrequent data extracts versus small, frequent data extracts.
- The interface frepple->odoo now supports filter expressions to allow filter which transactions are exported in batch mode.
- The Openbravo connector now supports filter expressions to allow filter which transactions are exported in batch mode.
- As usual, quite a lot of smaller usability improvements and bug fixes are included in this release as well.
Upgrading your models is with the migrate command.
You may however need to review your model to see if it meets some new checks:
- The location and customer fields in the demand table can no longer be left blank.
- The combination of the item and location fields in the buffer table needs to be unique from now on.
- The forecast model now requires the customer, location and item fields to be all specified. (Enterprise Edition)