Release 4.3 available
We are happy to announce our newest 4.3 release.
It is packed with a long list of big and small improvements.
- Many screens have additional optional fields that can be used to display extra fields & attributes. Displaying for instance the item description is now possible in much more screens.
- Easier and faster file uploads and data validation.
- Filters are now case insensitive to avoid user errors and improve usability.
- Configurable currency formatting with the new parameter currency
- Many, many styling and usability improvements.
Forecasting Enterprise&Cloud Editions only
- Significant performance improvements in some of the planning steps. Up to 5x!
- Forecasts without any sales within a configurable period are considered dead / inactive and their forecast will be 0. The parameter ‘forecast.DeadAfterInactivity’ allows this time window to be configured.
- Automatic creation of a root item, location and customer if your dataset has multiple nodes at the top level.
- Ability to import and export of forecast values in the execution screen: either through in a workbook or data folder. In earlier release this was only possible in the forecast report.
Inventory planning Enterprise&Cloud Editions only
- Network status widget to summarise which locations in the network have inventory and open orders, including visibility into predecessor versions of the item.
- Display the top 5 customers for an item-location in the inventory planning screen.
- Improved performance and reduced memory footprint where there are many no-stock item-locations. If you are using business rules of type no-stock for some large segments you can expect a considerable improvement in the inventory planning calculations.
- Solver enhancements to reduce setups changeovers on resources. Previous releases already provided the setup matrix model, but the solver wasn’t ready to use these yet. This feature is only available in the Enterprise Edition only, and is currently still being validated and tested.
- The operation.item field can now left empty. We’ll populate it automatically by looking at the producing records in the operationmaterial table. This makes building data interfaces easier and less error-prone.
- Ability to model a different availability calendars per resource. In previous release the availability was defined on the location model.
- Ability to work with interactively select alternate operations and alternate resources in the plan editor. Enterprise&cloud editions only.
- Improved solver capability to plan resource skills, overcoming some corner cases and limitations of this feature in earlier releases.
- The meaning of the approved status of purchase orders, manufacturing orders and distribution orders is now changed.
In earlier versions, approved orders behaved exactly the same as confirmed ones.
From this release onwards, approved operations can’t be deleted, but they can still be rescheduled in time and quantity.
The new behavior matches much better the way ERPs work.
- The solver can wait for a certain period for confirmed incoming supply. The extra wait can create some extra delays for delivering sales orders, but it avoids creating excess supply. The delay fence is configurable: see example
- The new parameter ‘plan.administrativeLeadtime’ allows to plan sales orders some time before their due date. Having the order ready for delivery a few days early builds in some margin for unforeseen events in your plan.
- Performance improvements by avoiding some inefficient searches. Heavily constrained models with complex searches across alternates supply paths can see considerable speedups.
Technical infrastructure & integration
- A skeleton for a generic ERP interface is now available. We hope this will inspire people to start integrating frePPLe in their IT landscape.
- Execution screen: better structure of the log files of actions, and a history of log files is now kept (until a configurable amount of disk space is reached)
- Ours downloads will no longer be hosted on sourceforge, but on Github where also the source code is managed.
- Improved filtering capabilities in the REST API.
- The Odoo connector now supports also odoo v11.
- Experimental docker files for docker containers.
- And last but not least, the usual package of small bugs, code refactoring and code cleanup…