Running the VMWare virtual machine
This virtual machine is NOT intended for use as a production
environment. It is intended as evaluation, education or test environment.
A VMware virtual machine is available with a demo and development environment.
The setup is based on a Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS Server Linux distribution and
has the following software installed:
- postgresql database server
- apache web server, using the mod_wsgi module
- full C++ and python2 development stack
- ssh access
The machines is configured with two CPU cores, 500MB of RAM and a bridged
network connection. VMware tools are not installed. Feel free to update
the settings to suit your hardware.
To get up and running:
- Download and install the VMWare player from http://www.vmware.com/.
- Download and unzip the virtual machine from the sourceforge site.
- Using the VMware console open the virtual machine ubuntu.vmx and
- When started the login screen will display the URL where you can browse
the demo environment.
- Instructions about login details, user accounts, database instance, etc
will be displayed on the login screen. They are also available in the
README.txt file included with the virtual machine.