Creating an custom theme
The user interface is styled using bootstrap. All variables documented at http://getbootstrap.com/customize/ are available to you to design your look and feel.
Proceed with the following steps to compile a custom theme:
npm install grunt-cli -g
- Design the LESS files:The styles are defined in the following files. Check out http://lesscss.org/ to learn more about the Less syntax used in these files.
- freppledb/common/static/css/frepple.less:Defines the frePPLe specific CSS styles.
- freppledb/common/static/css/THEME/variables.less:Defines the configuration of bootstrap for each of the themes. The value of the variables is what a theme unique.
- freppledb/common/static/css/THEME/frepple.less:Optionally, you can create files with theme-specific styles that can’t be expressed as variable values.
- Compile the LESS files:The less files need to be compiled into a CSS stylesheet for each theme. This is done by the following command:
In each of the theme folders the file bootstrap.min.css and bootstrap.min.css.map are generated.
- Update djangosettings.py file:New themes are only shown in the user interface when the theme is configured in the setting THEMES.