A day in the life of material planner
The role of a material planner is:
to create and follow up on purchase orders to suppliers
to create and follow up on distributions orders between locations
collaborate with suppliers on long term purchasing requirements
monitor critical material shortages and take corrective actions
monitor excess inventory situations and take corrective actions
Here are some activities a material planner will perform in frepple:
- How to approve a MO, a PO or a DO ?
- How can I identify and review items with stockout risk?
- Where can I find stock excess situations?
- How can I detect purchase orders that need expediting?
- How can I identify inventory rebalancing requests?
- Create long term purchase plan for a supplier
- How can I review the inventory situation of an item across my network?