A day in the life of a production planner
The role of a production planner is to:
create and maintain the short-term production schedule for the next few days
create and maintain the production plan for the mid short-term
review and anticipate material and capacity bottlenecks
prioritize demands and production orders
Here are some activities a production planner will perform in frepple:
- How can I update my plan when a machine breaks down?
- How can I change the assigned resource for a manufacturing order?
- How can I detect manufacturing orders that need expediting?
- How can I prioritize a sales order over another?
- How can I input my operators’ shifts or holidays?
- How can I spot and review late orders?
- How can I track down bottleneck resources?
- How do I review the unconstrained capacity requirements?
- How can I measure the impact of rush orders?
- How can I optimize my plan in the GANTT chart plan editor?
- Review critical items