A day in the life of a demand planner
The role of a demand planner is:
to maintain the sales forecast
to collaborate with sales, marketing and production departments to collect all relevant forecast information
monitor demand outliers and avoid that these skew the forecast
monitor the forecast accuracy
Here are some activities a demand planner will perform in frepple:
- How can I upload my forecast values?
- How can I forecast a new item?
- How can I adjust the forecast for a discontinued item?
- How can I filter out exceptional sales (outliers)?
- How can I compare my own forecast with the forecast computed by frePPLe?
- How can I share the forecast with my sales team?
- Where can I check the forecast accuracy?
- How can I quote a delivery date for a new customer order?